Paulwallbaby.com is managed by Digi Jeff
Did you know that NARAS (National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences) i.e. The GRAMMY’s has an office in Texas? As a board member, I want to spread the word about this wonderful organization and all it has to offer musicians in our chapter -including Texas and Oklahoma.
While the GRAMMY brand is recognized all over the world, most people–even music industry veterans–are unaware of the many way The Recording Academy(r) is involved in the lives of professionals and fans alike. The Board of Governors of the Texas Chapter of The Academy want you to be aware of how membership in our organization can benefit you, our state, and all of the music we love so much. Please take a moment to read how The Recording Academy(r) is already in service to music and musicians in so many ways.
Established in 1957, The Recording Academy(r) is an organization of musicians, producers, engineers, and recording industry professionals that is dedicated to improving the cultural condition of music and quality of life its makers.
Did you know that Academy membership *may give you the ability to vote in the GRAMMY Awards, something they encourage all artists to take advantage of, BUT you must be a member in order to vote in the awards process. An added value is that you will also be invited to attend the awards show – music’s biggest night – in Los Angeles annually (and at a discounted rate!)
Often the only thing artists know about the Academy is the GRAMMY Awards. I’d also like to tell you about other things that the Academy provides:
* MusiCares, a not-for-profit extension of The Recording Academy(r) that helps musicians in need with preventative clinics, health fairs and the Addiction Recovery and Emergency Financial Assistance Programs which provides critical funds for those struggling with financial, medical or personal crises.
* The GRAMMY Foundation, which works in the areas of education, advocacy, preservation and in general, advancement of music in our culture, including promoting and teaching kids about potential careers in the music field.
* http://GRAMMY365.com, an exclusive, members-only social networking site that gives artists instant access and exposure to 20,000 industry professionals nationwide. Land a gig, share music and videos, make connections, stream video and audio from Academy events nationwide. It’s the only social networking site for music professionals that offers exclusive access to the greater membership of The Recording Academy(r).
* Advocacy for national and local legislation affecting the music industry including artists’ copyright protection, performance royalties and music education funding for schools. At present,it is the only statewide organization who advocates for the recording industry.
* Benefits and discounts available to members include travel, gear, software, conferences, subscriptions and much more.
The old pathways of the music business are quickly disappearing and relationship building is more important than ever. The Recording Academy(r) is one of the most reputable organizations accessible to the musicians who are serious about their career.
Sincerely, Paul Wall (President), Eric Jarvis (Vice-President) and Gina Miller (Secretary)